Friday, November 27, 2009

Living In The Past


Living In The Past
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What:  Refrigerator magnet.
Origin:  My sister-in-law gave me one of those Snapfish magnets, a baby photo with a calendar attached.  At some point, I cut the baby photo off; that's still on my fridge.
Origin, part deux:  I thought that I might recycle the calendar part of
the magnet, as material for use in one of my art classes.
Origin (continued):  Yesterday, I hung a piece of nephew art on the
fridge, and found this flipping thing hanging there.  It wasn't even holding anything up!
How long kept:  Almost 2 years.
Why kept:  It Might Be Useful.
Destination:  Garbage can in the mailroom of my building.

Confession: It's in the trash in the mailroom because after I tossed
it into my wastebasket, I actually started to wonder if I could slap
some gesso on it and use a cool photo transfer method to create a
magnet with a photo on it.   (I actually thought about pulling it out of the wastebasket; I definitely won't be seen digging it out of the mailroom garbage!)

As "M" and I say in these instances: Aaaghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment