Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peanut Friend

What:  Lucy keychain.
Origin:  Impulse gift from a friend.
How long kept:  About a week and a half.
Usage:  Nope.
Why kept:   See confession.
Destination:  Housing Works.

Confession:  This sweet gift was inspired by my recent change of my FB avatar to a cartoon Lucy, which I did one weekend when many in my circle were changing to cartoon characters in one of those seemingly futile yet energetically yogic desires to say, "we're all in this together".   I should change it back, since it's hardly legal.  But I digress!

This is the kind of gift that I ordinarily put into a box and keep "forever."   Or until I no longer open the box, cast my eyes on it, and think, "awww, my friend B gave this to me!"   Sticky.

And gone.   I have other memories of "B" that I don't need a cartoon character keychain to remember her by.

No comments:

Post a Comment