Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Exhale

What:  A small pin with an affirmation.
Origin:  A meditation course I took.
Usage:   Kind of a lot, I guess.   It was out in a place where I saw it with some frequency.
How long kept:  Since 2005.
Why kept:   Nostalgia.   The good kind.
Destination:  A servicemember I've taught yoga to on a couple of occasions, via US Mail.   We email from time to time, and he's always glad to be reminded to breathe.  (Or so he says.)

Confession:  This is the kind of tchochke that I don't pick up any more.   I'm still kind of haunted by the guy who only has 57 things.   How long did it take him to get rid of everything?  How did that work, where did all of his stuff go?

(Maybe if I read his blog, I'd know more.   But I'm kind of blogging the blogosphere.   Not to the extent that I've dumped TV...but it does have potential to be the same kind of time sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment