Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mindful (?) Gift

What:   Posters
Origin:   I took a meditation course, and the organizers sent these out later.  
How long kept:   Probably 5 years.
Why kept:  Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And Sticky.  
Usage:   Not at all...when I last looked at them, the cardstock was so nice I had craftastic ambitions.
Destination:  I made them into book covers.   I'm making advent-type calendar books for my 3 oldest nephews, based on the wonderful Mary Ann Moss' "Remains of the Day" journals.  

Confession:   These posters aren't really my "style" and were also too big for my home office.   (They were about 2 feet by 2 1/2 feet, and there were 3 of them.)  Might have been nice in my old cubically excellent office in corporate America.  

But all in all, a bit of an odd thing to receive.   (And it must have been odd to find an envelope to mail them in.)   I felt kind of badly about not enthusiastically appreciating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment