Friday, November 19, 2010

Repellent Reprise


Repellent Reprise
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What:   Crunchy-ish citronella based bug goo.
Origin:  Hiking/camping trip.
How long kept:  I would guess minimum 7 years.
Usage:   Not in a while.
Why kept:  It Might Be Useful.   I Might Need It.   And (double) Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination:   Trash.   There's no recycling mark on the container.

Confession:  I believe that I took this out of my pack when I went iceclimbing last January.  (Storage Boxes Are Evil: yes, my backpack serves as a sort of storage box.)   For some reason, at the time it made sense to me to store this, doubleziploc bags and all, in my medicine cabinet behind a box of bandaids, rather than tossing it at the time. 

Aargh.

Looking at it today, I had to note that it wasn't all that earthy -- it's main contents were sodium lauryl sulfate...something I wouldn't have thought to look for back in the day when I didn't know what "greenwashing" was.

No comments:

Post a Comment