Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm Not Taking Any More Lip

What:  One (plus, see confession) aged lipstick.
Origin:  Cover Girl dreams, via Barneys.
How long kept:   Ooh, probably since 2003?   But I haven't used it in quite some time.
Usage:  This one, I loved.   It was worn down nearly to its base.
Why kept:  Out of Sight, Out of Mind.  And also, weirdly Sticky.
Destination:   Trash.

Confession:  I have about 5-6 old Mac lipsticks, some from the last century.   Man, I loved those lipsticks -- dramatic colors with names like Viva Glam and Rocker.   I don't overthink my look, but I always got compliments while wearing Rocker.   Until it stopped looking great on me...something about my skin tone changed, and it was like, "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up"!  

And I so mean it.   Sadly, I haven't yet found my new lip color.

At some point in my distant past, I read that Mac takes back the lipsticks and recycles the tubes.   So I've been hanging onto these in hopes that they would jump into my bag, by magic, right before my next trip to a department store with a Mac counter.

These have moved to the table next to my front door.   I'll be near Bloomingdale's on Thursday.   If I don't remember to take these with me, they're trash, too.

2 comments:

  1. I have a tube of Yardley on display in my bathroom still life. You open the tube and one whiff sends you back to 1969. (Oh--the color is pearlescent white, of course! Carnaby Street!) My others are in a fiesta bowl (I believe you once commented on when visiting). I still use them, in my head. Next time I have an "occasion." (They're perfectly good :)My basic color is an Yves Rocher I stocked up on in Vienna. It doesn't show up on my teeth as brightly as my previous choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yardley, weren't those lipstick tubes covered with pink, white and yellow flowers, with gold accents?

    And yes, I actually have periodically re-tried the Rocker. It was such a good look for me, for so long. Sticky.

    Trip to Soho on Thursday, will definitely stop in at the Bloomingdale's MAC counter to see if the recycling rumor is true.

    ReplyDelete