Thursday, November 4, 2010

Walk Between The Raindrops

What:  Swag umbrella, which I found in my closet this rainy NYC day, and used.   Ack, it was a piece of not very good umbrella.
How long kept:  Since fall, 2009.
Why kept:  Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   I didn't even know I had this.
Usage and Destination, see below:

My (putatively, see confession) successful Freecycle post follows:
Logo Umbrella (Lower Manhattan)
Umbrella from a conference, used once. Maroon and white, with a case, wooden handle, folds small enough to fit into a tote or large purse. Bears a logo from a university alumnae organization.

It's still in fine shape.  Despite its Ivy League provenance, it is not a "fine"umbrella and its life expectancy is dependent on the severity of the weather.

Pick up at your convenience from 24 X 7 building near (my particular) subway stops. Please be willing to communicate via email, first preference to the person who will pick up on Friday.

And please, be willing to pick it up when you say you will...
Posted at 6:45 pm, after which I hopped in the shower.  By the time I emerged, I had two responses, and now (8:10) one confirmed pickup for tomorrow.   (One response was from the person who blew the pickup on the last Freecycle item I posted.   Uh, I don't think so.)

Confession:  Since I have showered and am in big T-shirt and leggings, I won't be taking it down to be held for pickup until tomorrow morning.   But it's in a bag hanging on my doorknob.   I'm counting it as gone.

If this person doesn't blow the pickup, it may be the most successful Freecycling experience ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment