Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Soyanara


Soy Ya Later!
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What:  Vintage soy flour, less than 2 cups.
Origin:  Adventures in vegan baking.
Usage:   Yes, but not in a very, very long time.
How long kept:   Oh, it's possible that this was purchased in the last century.
Why kept:  Mostly Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   And also the buried, but still active, belief from my family of origin:  dry goods last forever, they are always Perfectly Good.
Destination:  Community compost.

Confession:   In my more orthodox vegan days (now I'm reform), I used to make these tasty "triple soy" cookies.   Soy milk, soy flour and supposedly soy nut butter...but I usually substituted peanut butter.   Last time I made them?   Probably 2002.

Confession, part deux:  I sniffed this before dispatching it to the compost.   I was checking to see if it smelled Perfectly Good.   It actually did...but I couldn't bring myself to imagine using it. (Especially since I have no desire to make this cookie at any time in the foreseeable future.)

Soy ya later!

(Aargh, I'm not really funny, am I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment