Friday, November 26, 2010

Tudoring My Own Horn (Not)

What:  DVDs, Seasons 1-3 of the Tudors
Origin:   A friend really wanted me to watch them.
How long kept:   Maybe 4 months?
Usage:  Not at all.
Why kept:  Should Have Said "No"
Destination:  Return to Lender.

Confession:   My East Coast family, the family of my college roommate, has been so great to me.   Many (or all?) of the sisters love this series.   I returned it when I went over for Thanksgiving dinner.

Last year, we were hanging out and watched the episode where Henry VIII's second wife is executed.   As a dweeby teenager, I fantasized that I was the reincarnation of Anne Boleyn.   I have no idea where that thought came from, but I loved that tragic story.   I found watching this episode very disturbing!   And didn't want to watch the rest.   I know how it all ends.

(Maybe it was bad enough the first time around!)

Confession, part deux:   I've been trying to post at night, instead of the mornings, just to work better with my work routine.   But aargh, this is the 3rd time I've forgotten to do it.   I've got to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment