Friday, November 12, 2010

Shelfless Service


Yoga Don't
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What:  A favorite yoga top.
Origin:  Desire to keep movement in my chestal area down to a dull roar while saluting the sun.
How long kept:   Probably 9 years?   Maybe 8.
Why kept:   It's cute.   Nostalgia.   Sticky.   It's Perfectly Good, only it's not.   See confession.
Usage:  Frequently, until fairly recently.   (I don't maintain a vast yoga wardrobe.)
Destination:  Textile recycling.

Confession:   The upside, so to speak, of a good yoga top:   its inner shelf bra.   (There's a joke in here somewhere using the word "rack" -- shelf, rack, get it? -- but I just can't do it...at least not while maintaining my feminist self image.   I have to draw the line somewhere.)

But I digress.   The shelf bra had lost all elasticity; there was a near accident the last time I tried handstand in this top -- thankfully layered under a longsleeved, if dangerously v-neck,  t-shirt.  

(Thing is, the outer shell may be Kevlar, it's that bullet-proof.   No pilling, no stretching!   Looks as good as new.   Part of what made it so hard to say goodbye...)

No comments:

Post a Comment