Friday, January 29, 2010

Don't Light My Fire


Don't Light My Fire
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Cheap lighters that don't work.
Origin/How Long kept: Hiking trips in the late 90s and early 00s. (The green one, actually empty, didn't cost $30, but probably 30 yuan or rupees on some trip.)
Why kept: Found them in my backpack, which I pulled down in advance of an ice-climbing class I'm taking on Sunday. They Might Be Useful (if they had only worked), Broken, and Out of Sight Out of Mind.
Destination: I'm going to ask one of the guys who works in my building to dispose of them safely. Flammable stuff shouldn't go down the compacter chute!

Confession: There's all kinds of stuff in the backpack to "blog". The elastic bands in 3 sportsbras I forgot I had are crunchy. Note to self: elastic doesn't last forever. Those will go into the pile for next trip to the textile recycling folks up at Union Square.

Bonus: Everything smells like citronella.

Hmmm. I wonder if citronella ever expires.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, not "advanced" ice climbing...ice climbing 101, definitely for beginners. It has been on my list for a while. Now's the time!

    ReplyDelete