Saturday, January 2, 2010

"S" Has Better Stuff than We Do: "Ashtray to Ebay"


Ashtray to Ebay
Originally uploaded by heywattsky
Another guest post!

"Dust to dust? Anyhow, I did get really tired of dusting this over the course of 20 years' prominent display. I am a rabid anti-smoker, and have quite a collection of ashtrays. I think it falls into the accessory fetish. This was given to me by a friend whose mother DID smoke, and she also had a serious interior decorating jones going on back in the day. I just know she paired this with a chaise lounge in tropical print: maroon, forest green, black, and the sublime chartreuse. Which I still have a thing for. (To add to the shame of what this has stored over the years--I emptied out crafty jewelry makings from Christmas 2008--yes, one whole year!) Did I dust? Probably, then returned the clasps & chains to the tray. So, for 2010: Chartreuse--vamoose! "

No comments:

Post a Comment