Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"A" Loves To Be Right


"A" Loves To Be Right
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: Unread Issues of *The New Yorker."
Origin: Public radio pledge premium.
How Long Kept: 5 weeks.
Why kept: I might read them, and thus They Might Be Useful.
Destination: Magazine Rack at my chiropractor's office. (Where maybe I will read them, the next time I visit. Lord knows they'll be more useful than the 18 month old Vanity Fair I read the last time I was there.)

Confession: I have a fearful fantasy of being found dead in my apartment...they'll have to take me out through pathways carved between the stacks of unread magazines. Thus I generally eschew any weekly magazine. I made a deal with myself and got the New Yorker, with the proviso that I would shed it whether I had read it or not...and I didn't succeed this time. Not only did I leave for the holidays, having made the decision not to recycle these: I kept another back dated issue (from year end) that I did recycle after I got back from the chiropractor.

If I can conquer the New Yorker, next step: The Economist. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment