Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More Exotic Stuff from "S": Me so stinky!


Me so stinky!
Originally uploaded by heywattsky

"OK, these are some kind of rubbing ointment bottles that stink to high heaven, acquired in Vietnam back in 2003. I think they originally were intended as souvenirs, but I had to wrap them up tight and stuff them back in a closet while I reconsidered. Seven years later, I have reached a conclusion: no one, not even me, wants a stinky seven-year-old souvenir.
I am trying to recollect the obvious question: why? Maybe I thought it was something exotic yet useful, like Tiger Balm. I am sure I liked the little head on the graphics. I'm gonna give them one shot on ebay, then to the garbage by Tet (Feb. 14, Year of the Tiger)."

Thanks, S. (I never "got" Tiger Balm...I remember people selling it on the street in more than one Asian venue, and figured that sometimes it was code for something more contraband...)

No comments:

Post a Comment