Friday, January 1, 2010

It's Not Time for Chinese New Year Yet


What:  Fairly gently used chinese slippers.
Origin:   Another "saw them in a magazine", in an article about lower Manhattan's Pearl River.
Usage:   A bit after I bought them, since then I've been stacking and unstacking them in my closet.
How long kept:  I probably bought them in 2001.   Haven't worn them in years, maybe since 2001 or 2002.
Why kept:  Out of Sight, Out of Mind, and I Might Wear Them Again (see confession).
Destination:  Housing Works Thrift store (with some other stuff).

Confession:  When I got rid of the bag of shoes last month, I kept a few things that should have gone.   I actually threw these, and another pair of slippers in the laundry.   After washing them, I almost put them back in the closet to never wear them again.   But I gave them the boot before I even made it to the closet.

Will I ever wear the other slippers?  Stay Tuned.   D'oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment