Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Geographically Undesirable

What:  A stack of National Geographic magazines.
Origin:  Desire to be more worldly and educated than I am.
Last used:   Uh, some of them, never.
Why kept:  I Might Need Them to achieve the forementioned desire to be more worldly and educated -- and after all, they're Perfectly Good.   They also Might Be Useful for various craft projects or as raw material in one of my art classes.
Destination:  Recycling.

Bonus:  I got these in a recycling trade -- I used to swap my already read issues of Cook's Illustrated with a friend who got National Geographic.   She got her own subscription to Cook's (which I stopped getting).   Though I'm sure that she'd probably still recycle her National Geographic to me, there's no point if I don't read it!

I'll live with my current level of education and worldliness -- as a trade off, there's one less stack of unread magazines to dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment