Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yeah, I'm Organized


Yeah, I'm Organized
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

What: Informative articles, clipped or downloaded.
Origin: Self improvement and professional development impulses.
Last used: They were stored in a 2" binder I constructed in a 2004 job search.
Why Kept: Aargh. Mostly Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   Also, binders -- for me -- can become a variation on the storage box theme.   And Storage Boxes are Evil.  
How long kept: One WSJ article is dated September 30, 1994.
Destination:   All will be recycled.

Confession/Bonus:   The yellowed newspaper articles, probably 2 or 3 pages, are actually going into a file of papers I'm using for materials in a mixed-media art class.  I'll be using it to make "paper fabric" this semester.   Old newsprint adds a cool antique look to this material.

Bonus:  I almost kept most of this 2 inch stack of paper, a career development guide I downloaded from my university's website in 2004.  After all, Someday I Might Need It.  Realized that I can always download it again.   (And it's probably technologically obsolete.)

Buh-bye.

3 comments:

  1. I too have a file with clippings on how to get organized...somewhere! Too funny--It does show our good intentions from way back, doesn't it? I love that yours actually will get a use--ironic & witty--remember to show me when it's done. Mine will just get recycled. When I ever locate it. I have several file systems, jumbling home, personal betterment, and career. Always a crap shoot which one holds whatever I am looking for and know I have somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I couldn't have made that up.

    Also, though my feng shui knowledge is limited mostly to what I've read in self help books, all of that career stuff from an old job search was in one of the "money" centers in my house.

    And d'oh, so were about 3 dusty feng shui books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We defined irony when we knocked over a "trap" or "hotspot" of things and found a book about conquering your clutter! I believe it was the same week "A" found the dusty feng shui books :)

    ReplyDelete