Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Shred-iversary to you


What: Guest lists, contracts and invitations for an anniversary party for our parents
Origin: Planning the gala event
Last used: Fall of 2008

Why kept: out of sight, might need it, nostalgia

Destination: the shredding bag, ultimately a shred event (call 1-877-60-Shred or visit Shred-It.com) and the folder that held the stuff was repurposed to hold tax documents for 2009

Confessions: The invitations are a photo invitation, so I filed them with my photos.

While I know it's supposed to leave the house, I'm treating this like an AMVETs pick up. About quarterly they have a Shred Event in our area. During a specific time, you may bring banker boxes, bag and miscellany to these giant trucks. They suck up documents that are to be destroyed into these huge trucks that are outfitted with shredders. Then they recycle it. I find it much easier to bring all my documents to this instead of shredding them myself. Plus it's much quieter in our home without shredding here since I'd have to do it during naptime as we don't leave the shredder plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment