Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Too Crispy For The Juicer


Too Crispy For The Juicer
Originally uploaded by 365 Things

Dammit, it's no match for the disposal, either!

What: Crispy critter: dead Christmas Tree
Origin: Christmas Cheer.
How long kept: 2 weeks longer than I should have. (That said, I did take it down on Epiphany, somewhat of a family rule tradition.)
Why kept: I couldn't bear to un-decorate before I left for the holidays. (Not that I would have had the time or the fortitude to do so, I was pretty much in a raw panic to get everything done before I left.)

Ultimately, I'd chalk this one up to Nostalgia.
Destination: I believe it will be mulched by the NY Department of Sanitation.  There's usually a wall of trees outside of my building one particular day in early January..

Confession: I could have asked a neighbor to water the tree. It didn't seem worthwhile. That said, although there was still water in the tree stand, the tree was so dry that I was afraid to turn the Christmas tree lights on even for one last moment.

Confession, part deux:   I don't really have a disposal.   I was attempting to remove the tree stand without making a mess.

Bonus: Due to shedding other holiday cheer and unrelated closet contents, I've cut Christmas items down to one storage box. (I know: Storage Boxes Are Evil.)

And P.S.   "A" thinks that this one is strictly a violation of The Rules -- after all, it's more or less ordinary garbage/recycling.   "M" disagreed, since I was getting something out of the house.   And she thought that the photo was too funny not to be blogged.   Hence my double post today...

3 comments: