Monday, January 25, 2010

Four Books and Four-figures Lighter

What: Miscellaneous Books
Origin: Mostly Book Club, although David Sedaris' Barrel Fever came from a book swap shelf we had at my last corporate gig.
Usage: Book Club items, read once; Sedaris book, unread (by me,
How Long Kept: Longest is probably 2.5 years.
Why Kept: This goes back to that NYT story about why we hang onto books. Mostly, once I get a book it becomes part of the furniture. Even though it is in plain view, it is close to Out of Sight, Out of Mind. (And, maybe I'll read them, thus I Might Need Them.)
Destination: my local NYPL branch, for their book sale.

Bonus: It was raining buckets. I have been having some involved dental dealings. The NYPL branch is extremely close to the dentist, so one call could do it all.

Confession: I'm eating an ice cream bar, a gustatory exhibit of something close to self-pity -- but it is a faux self-pity, with a bit of a wink.

Bonus, part deux:  I can now chew on both sides of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment