Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tin Liddzy


Tin Liddzy
Originally uploaded by heywattsky
"S" cracks us up again, with a perfect Saturday morning guest post. Thanks for dropping by!

"Misc. metal lids that are not allowed in our recycling pick up, so I cart them over to the "transfer station" to the metal dumpster, along with this nice fancy Earl Grey tin that normally I would save "for something" and now--no! It will not be a planter, a receptacle for cat ashes, or a pencil holder. It will be - hopefully recycled."

4 comments:

  1. I was literally one foot out the door today en route for the city when I realized--what do I dispose of, fast? I had just finished the last tea bag last week, but knew that the danger was in saving that can. It was hanging around for longer than "the new me" felt comfortable--a week--so, slowly I change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your example demonstrates the actual power of getting rid of one thing a day...it starts to become less about the periodic purges and more about a meditation on our relationships with that which surrounds us.

    ReplyDelete