Saturday, July 24, 2010

Changing The Acquisition Game

What: Business Book.
Origin: Desire to be smart.
How long kept: Probably 12 years. See confession.
Why kept: I might refer to it, and thus It Might Be Useful. And, invisible in plain sight on my bookshelf: Out Of Sight, Out of Mind. Finally, I might sell it on Amazon, and thus It Might Be Worth Something.
Destination: Housing Works, along with a fashion error -- a severe one -- from the summer of '09, and some power pop CDs.

Confession: I don't know if I even finished reading this one...and it was pricey. Recommended by a b-school classmate I was hoping to do some consulting work with, back in the day.

Confession, part deux:  Today I deleted the Amazon listing I made about 7 weeks ago.   Thus, it is not worth anything.   (Sigh, I left another one up there, though.)

Commitment: Having tossed so many business books during the course of this project (and before it), I've determined that all new acquisitions in this category will be via the Kindle or other e-format...and then only if I can't get them from the NY Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment