Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pushing These Envelopes


Pushing These Envelopes
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Used envelopes, saved for re-use.
Origin: Desire to live a kelly green lifestyle.
Usage: Not at all.
How long kept: One, probably 3-4 months; the other about 3 weeks.
Why kept: Guilt. They Might Be Useful. I Might Need Them.
Destination: I've pushed these envelopes right through my shredder; final destination, recycling.

Confession: "M", is it "Fly Lady" that talks about clutter hot spots? I have 3 -- one for my work stuff, one for craft stuff, and the other for yoga files. I totally cleared my craft stuff away, putting some of it into a repurposed storage box.

Sigh, I know that Storage Boxes are Evil. But not as evil as the small-ish mound of craft stuff that was on my dining room table.

Funny thing, it seemed much bigger than it actually was.   All from projects I've been working on completing in recent weeks, it fit into a small box, about the size of 2 shoeboxes.  And at the same time I sorted out a stack of mailing envelopes, and repurposed part of my ever-emptying hall closet shelf. (Still far emptier than it was when we started this project!)

I found two more shopping bags. Sigh. The dwindling stash of shopping bags grew...

No comments:

Post a Comment