Monday, July 12, 2010

Scatological Pun Discarded (As Blog Post Title)

What:   Towels, washcloths, etc.
Origin:  Bathroom redecoration of the last century.
Usage/Last Used:   These towels were well loved, and well used for maybe 15 years?   They always looked nice and did the job.
How long kept:   A couple of months past their expiration date. 
Why kept:  A little bit of Perfectly Good, and more to the point, indecision about what to replace them with.   See confession.
Destination:  Textile recycling.

Confession:  These great towels were made in the USA out of some awesome materials.   (You could wash them in hot water, and from time to time I even bleached them, just for good measure, and as per the care instructions on the label.)

A few weeks ago, they just started to disintegrate, threads coming off at the edges...no longer Perfectly Good.   As the manufacturer no longer exists, I had to pick a new set.   I chafe at this sort of change...but I did find something I like.   Onwards.

2 comments:

  1. Animal shelters can used this kind of thing, at least up here they do. I always take old blankets and towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought, too. I posted to my Facebook page mentioning the towels and asking for recommendations for shelters, but nobody responded with a local solution. And I also asked a couple of my neighbors and friends who are particularly engaged with animals (one works for a vet) and neither could think of a place...and one had searched. I think this is a Manhattan "issue"...sigh.

    ReplyDelete