Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Against My Grain

What:  Pearled Organic Barley.
Origin:  Nostalgia, the good kind, for warming,comfort-y soup.
Usage:   Yup, one cup of a one pound bag.
How long kept:  About a week.
Why kept:  It Might Be Useful.
Destination:  Asked my friend "N" if she wanted the barley that didn't go into my soup: she was totally up for it.

Confession:   While the soup was tasty, the barley didn't really agree with me.   Odd!   But there's no reason to hang onto the rest of this for a year or so...after checking with "N", I passed it along when we met for a yoga class.

Confession, part deux:  I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to stop amassing dry goods that sit unused--  Out of Sight, Out of Mind -- in my kitchen cabinets.   But this is a good first step.

Next step will be to be to eat what's in my cabinets before I buy any more.

Or at least think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment