Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gelonious Assault

What:  Hair Gel
Origin:  The fantasy that I might spend more than 30 seconds a day on my hair, combined with an actual attempt to paste it into place in order to avoid spending much more than that trying to tame it.
How long kept:  Oh, probably 3 years?   No parabens, but no expiration date either.
Usage:   Uh...not so much.
Why kept:   I Might Need It; It Might Be Useful.   And as a denizen of the medicine cabinet, Out of Sight Out of Mind...in plain sight.
Destination:   Bottle was recyclable.   Gel...uh, eew, see confession.

Confession:   I attempted to flush this stuff.   It was unflushable.   Even when I poured boiling water on it -- undeniably sanitizing my bowl -- it clung relentlessly.

Based on this empirical evidence, it's possible that there still might be some of this in my hair from the last time I used it in 2007.

Bonus digression:   I spent two intense days at a conference.   I'm home now.  No new pens.   No new tote bags.   No tchotchkes.  No swag.

(I gave my pen and a weird rubix cube thingie that folds out into different views of the campus of my grad school alma mater to a man who needed two "gifts" to take home for his kids.)

In that moment, I totally ruled.

Confession:  "M"s son, The Boy, already has one of those rubix cube thingies, courtesy of Aunt "A".   Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment