Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tote Suite: First Out


Tote Suite: First Out
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Tote Bag from a WTC-related benefit I attended, stuffed to the gills with spare office supplies (I found a trove of index cards, for example) and some women's clothing.
Origin: Various.
Usage: Not much.
How long kept: One of the branded 3-ring binders, since 1993.
Why kept: Tote bag, office supplies -- both Out of Sight, Out of Mind, and They Might be Useful; binders, like "M"s post, have some nostalgia value, one is from grad school; clothes, I don't know; and a few books, because I might read them again and thus They Might Also Be Useful.
Destination: Housing Works.

Comment: This is the first of many, many tote bags to "go". They are like a swag virus -- why people feel that we need to leave every conference and benefit with "stuff", I'm not sure.

Confession: I recently organized a conference...we did the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment