Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Won't Have My Girl Call Your Girl

What: Rolodex cards
Origin: Desire for connection, consumer impulses, etc.
How long kept: Oldest card? It's hard to say. There were two cards for my upholsterer, who I first used in 1994. (Pre-freecycle, I also gave her a "naked furniture" armoire I no longer used.)
Why kept: Another less than useful attempt at organizing my contacts. I Might Need Them.
Destination: Shredder, and then recycling.

Confession: I was actually looking for Lisa's number in here today, and realized what a trap it was. (Sorry, Lisa, didn't find your number!) (Not useful!)

Confession, part deux: I saved a few cards. (Nostalgia, and actually useful info, like the Hertz Gold number I had been looking for recently.) Where are those cards going? See Confession, part trois.

Confession, part trois: I have a weighty, messy box of business cards I've been thinking about (Storage Boxes Are Evil). And was reminded again, by someone whose card is probably in this box, the Organizing Goddess, who sent me a tip on this yesterday.

And yet another confession: I kept the Rolodex.   (It Might Be Useful?)

"M" will remember that one summer I was going to pay one of her friend's high school aged kids to type these into a database. That kid is now an MD. (Just kidding, it wasn't that long ago. But I don't think it was last summer.)

This one is sticky. Stay tuned.
"M" here: It was 2008

2 comments:

  1. Earlier on I posted my Rolodex--and happy to say it sold on Ebay! I admit, I saved a few of the blank cards, you know, for crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I forgot. I'll have to link to your post.

    I kept my Rolodex, I don't know why...It Might Be Useful?

    ReplyDelete