Thursday, February 11, 2010

Guest Post: My "mom jeans" are taking a hike

"S", your jeans look like they are making your last stand...before you decamp to warmer climes!

"Well, they weren't always "mom jeans" but since I live in Levis shrink-to-fits, whenever I put these on, that's what they feel like, with the ever-so-slightly tapered leg and waist that (gasp) comes almost above my navel. I remember when they were the most expensive jeans I ever bought--Italian, I think--"Big John" (cringe) and from the mid-90s. Actually, they still hold that distinction, because my Levis are $39 at Dave's Army Navy. Off to the Union Square textile recycle bag. A white paint smudge on the butt prevents the typical route of going cut-off or Goodwill."

Travel safely, have fun, and we'll see you online (and hopefully in real life) after you return.

No comments:

Post a Comment