Friday, February 5, 2010

Guest Post from "S": I'm strapped all ready--for cash!

"Free paraphernalia that came with a WordPress workshop I attended last November. One of the sponsors was media temple and so this strap held my ID. I actually have a stash of this type of thing in a drawer somewhere, for a future post, but this has been floating around my house until tonite I managed to nail it. "A"--does Union Square fabric recycle take this nylon webbing stuff? If so--I'll save it for next time in the city. So--technically it is still here, but under house arrest. I've taken away its roaming privileges. "

Once again, we all have the same stuff! The Hubby has a large pile of these somewhere! For him, they might be useful.

4 comments:

  1. I do think that you could clip the metal off and drop the straps at Union Square, think it only has to be clean...my guess is that you could freecycle them to crafters, too. (Or maybe "M"s Hubby would like them! Kidding.)

    And I'm pleased to say that when I attended a conference last week, I gave the strappy thing back to the conference organizers.

    Confession: I have a few others here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one step ahead with clipping off the clip--"might be useful"! It is clean. Mr. Declutter has first dibs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One last thing about that Union Square thing -- textiles are only on Fridays and Mondays.

    Other CENYC Textile dropoffs (check http://www.cenyc.org/recycling/resources):

    Fridays at 97thSt. (8a-2p); Saturdays at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn (8a-4p), Ft Greene (8a-3p), McCarren Park (8a-2p), Inwood (8a-3p); Sundays at Tompkins Sq. (8a-2p) and Jackson Hts (8a-3p)JUL-NOV only; and Mondays & Saturdays at Union Square (8a-6p).

    ReplyDelete