Monday, February 15, 2010

Two Sheets To The Wind


Two Sheets To The Wind
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Less than snowy white sheets, some sports bras with dead elastic, and other fabric scraps.
Origin: Various.
How long kept/Usage: Bras were 12 years old, unworn since the early 00s, and stored in my backpack.    Sheets are of a more recent vintage, but were replaced quite some time ago and placed in a storage box.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind. Storage Boxes Are Evil. I might use the sheets in some kind of project, and thus They Might Be Useful.
Destination: Textile recycling, Mondays and Saturdays at Union Square Greenmarket.

Confession: I've started to always use bleach to keep my whites snowy. Is it environmentally justified? The other peroxide based options just don't work as well. Don't know if that is something about The Best Water In The World (which is sometimes discolored).

Confession, cont: I kept one sheet, which I actually have been using in my quilting classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment