Monday, February 1, 2010

"I've fallen and I can't get up - not in this chair, anyway"

S, reporting from her atelier up the Hudson...

"I love this chair. It was one of my early finds when I acquired my little fixer-upper 9 years ago. (It is from the 50s or early 60s.) I always intended to reupholster the seat and make it more comfy, (Just like I still intend to redo the floor). The thing is, the back legs are angled in such a way that I have fallen over backwards several times, which is so far no biggie because I know how to fall. But now that I have friends come and help me with Photoshop and Illustrator--it is NOT well and good when THEY fall. They weigh more than me. They cracked the chair. And I need the friends, not to mention the at-home tutorials. So, into the metal bin at the town dump. And I am now sitting in a real office chair (same era)--far better for my back and it has wheels too. I can scoot from computer to art table and continue in my slightly schizo-ADD floor-worn path to progress."

Thanks, "S." Catch you on your next trip in, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment