Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Medicine Chest Ephemera


Medicine Chest Ephemera
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: From the annals of my medicine chest:  a bunch of expired items, no longer usable items, and empty containers.
Origin: Various salutary and cosmetic objectives.
How long kept: The "papier poudre" was in a cosmetic bag I used to keep in my office at my last corporate gig...which ended over 2 years ago.   Procurement date:  can't even begin to make a guess.
Usage: The Claritin is the most recently used item -- I had a sinus thing that blocked my ears and had to fly in September, 09.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind, and Aaargh (the empty Advil container? Why, why?)
Destination: Trash, recycling, and the NYC Sewage system.

Confession: I'm sure that the Claritin could have gone to some kind of pharma pickup. I apologize for flushing 2 more pharmaceuticals tablets into our water table.  The papier poudre, maybe I could have recycled it? But it had all of that "poudre" cracking off of the "papier". Sigh.

Confession, cont.: This was a hail Mary pass. I was about to go to bed without having "blogged" anything today. I'm glad I reached for it; it only kept me up another 15 minutes.

Confession, part III:  There are a couple of questionable items remaining in the medicine chest:
  • Lipsticks.  Some can be recycled at the Mac counter, I believe.  (Though, trashed last week:  some Avon sample sizes in unflattering colors, the gift of a moonlighting colleague circa 2007);
  • An aerosol can of Evian, from the days when you could bring this sort of thing onto an airplane for facial refreshment.  I sprayed some on my face tonight.   Refreshing, hopefully not toxic, Nostalgia;
  • and, several items of the bandage variety.
Note to self:   research the half-life of Band-aids.

No comments:

Post a Comment