Monday, February 1, 2010

E-Waste Coda


E-Waste coda
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Bits of e-waste flotsam.
Origin: Electronic stuff.
How Long Kept: Several years.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: Trash.

Confession: While looking for the cord to connect my camera to my computer to upload photos from my ice climbing extravaganza, found these in a box where I have a couple of cameras and associated cords stashed. The cord wasn't there. (The cord was easily located in a plastic shoebox where I'm storing some small electronics I saved from the last e-waste trip, and probably should have recycled then -- my beloved HP 12C from grad school, the Palm III I had in the late 90s...sigh, Nostalgia and Storage Boxes are Evil.)

I figured these would turn up sooner or later; they were absent from an earlier drop.

Here's a wall I (finally) climbed.   It was a fun day!   That's not me below the wall, but two of my really nice classmates.


2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed that you did this on such a cold day! I was contemplating The Red Book over Earl Grey tea and a cardamom brownie at the Rubin Museum. Lah-de-dah...Guess we traded physical places for a day, if not personas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will love to hear what you think about the Red Book. I love that museum!

    And it was 7F when I got up to the Gunks, but by the time the sun came up it was probably 30. (My fellow students, those very nice men in the photo, were extremely experienced outdoorsmen, winter camping and the whole 9 yards, and one of them had a thermometer in his pack.) Between the sun, the layers, and the exertion, it was totally comfortable. The only time I felt the cold was when I was belaying (holding the rope for another climber), and my glove liners had gotten wet...hadn't noticed it while I was moving, but when I stood still, my hands were cold.

    And the hair clip? Was there an avalanche, where I was buffeted with ice and rockfall...my helmet took the impact and survived, but the hair clip broke? Uh uh. It just got smoooshed in my pack.

    ReplyDelete