Thursday, February 4, 2010

Talking Trash


Talking Trash
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Scrubby glove.
Origin: Exfoliatory impulse.
Usage: Hmmm. Maybe a few times?
How Long Kept: I have no f<{&ing idea.
Why Kept: Out of Sight, Out Of Mind.
Destination: Trash. I think. See confession.

Confession: This one is in my bathroom wastebasket. Should I rescue it and drop it with textiles at Union Square this weekend? Or is it actually compost? It's probably jute or something, so it is both a floor wax and a dessert topping.

Lament: How many minutes is it okay to analyze this? I'm a small business owner, and should really be thinking about my next payday. Why do I feel badly about throwing things away?

Eew, nobody should want to reuse it. And I never should have bought it -- my skin doesn't stand up to mad exfoliation.

Dammit (as one of our favorite TV action heroes might say), some things are actually just trash. Why not just let go?

Confession, cont.: I found this in the back of my bathroom vanity cabinet, behind a pile of beautifully folded towels I was rotating. (Ack, it was stacked on top of a cute little basket (i.e. storage box) filled with, I don't know what. Storage Boxes Are Evil.)

As "M" might point out, this post doesn't count (yet), as it has not left the house. I may still rescue it for another destination. Stay tuned.

"M" Disagrees: I have my Amvets pile, you may have your textilepile :-)

"A"'s Update:  It went with the trash.   What with the snowstorm that the local news is threatening us with, I'm thinking that I won't make it to compost or textile recycling this weekend.   At least it's biodegradeable...though we all know that stuff doesn't really biodegrade in landfills for a really, really long time.   Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment