Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hat Off!

What:  Old favorite hat.
Origin:  Early sun protection impulses.
Usage:   A lot...in the 80s.
Why kept:  Nostalgia.
How long kept:  Since 1983?   Aaargh.
Destination:  Trash.  (It was shapeless, and lest you think it could be blocked, it was also starting to crack.)

Confession:   Maybe I could have composted this.   It must have been straw, jute or hemp.  

Confession, cont:  This one was sticky -- I love the person who used to wear this hat (a much younger and different version of me...)

2 comments:

  1. I always loved this hat! :) I know why it's sticky, even I'm have a hard time with you letting it go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty interesting! I'm pretty sure we must have a photo of the old me in this hat somewhere.

    If you had seen it today (as opposed to your memory's version of the hat) you probably would have put it into the trash chute yourself. And it's main usage for the last 10 years has been falling from a hook in my closet onto my head...

    ReplyDelete