Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Gift that Keeps Re-Gifting


Grandma Opening Gifts
Originally uploaded by toddalert
This weekend, I opened the Christmas gifts I received when I visited Chicagoland.   Usually, I ship them home and open them a bit later; this second Christmas is one of my favorite things!

There were a couple of items I knew that could find a higher use.   I regifted them.   One to an excited friend.   The other to Housing Works.

Why so cryptic?

Confession:   Because X and X gave them to me.   And of our 8 readers, I'm guessing there's a possibility of a visit from one of these folks.

Bonus rant:   There is a Big Box store which I'll continue to patronize -- when it benefits me.

But I believe that it will have to be a very cold day in a very hot place before I ever buy a gift  there for anyone.   Without a receipt, they wouldn't take something back, despite the fact that it was a proprietary item that they recognized.   This is not my first such issue with this establishment.   And each time, the demeanor I was met with was less than polite, apologetic or professional -- and kind of "soviet", of the cold war era.   This is not how I want my giftees to be treated when one of my gifts is a duplicate or a near-miss.

Reap what you sow, baby.

Todd's beautiful Grandma, via Flickr.   "Grandma Opening Gifts" used, with gratitude, under Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment