Monday, October 4, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now

What:  Two old contact lens cases, plus!
Origin:  Personal safety, vanity, convenience, and other reasons for wearing contact lenses.
How long kept:  Hmm.   Definitely longer than 365 Days.
Why kept:  They Might Be Useful.  I Might Need Them.  And a little bit Out of Sight, Out of Mind, see confession.
Usage:  Occasional, but not so much -- I have two others.
Destination:  #5 recycling via Whole Foods.

Confession:   One of these emerged when I cleaned out my backpack, which intrepid readers may recall serves as a storage box.   Storage Boxes are Evil.   These things are easy to accumulate, they sometimes arrive in a box of lens solution, and sometimes they're a lovely parting gift from the optometrist.

Bonus:  When I checked to see if these are recyclable, I thought to check the containers for the disposable lenses I wear.   Duh.   Yes, these are also #5.   Since I use daily wear lenses, that's a lot!  I went diving into the trash in my bath to see how many more I could rescue from landfill. 

As it turns out, not too many.   Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment