Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grate Expectations


Grate Expectations
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Cheese grater.
Origin: I'm a recovering parmigiano addict.
How long kept: Since the early/mid-90s. ('94 sticks in my mind for no real reason.)
Usage: Not in a good long while. See confession.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind. I Might Need It. It Might Be Useful.
Destination: Housing Works.

Confession: As a wanna-be vegan, I rarely eat cheese. That said, I also have a micro-plane and both a tiny and large food processor. If I want to grate, I've got the technology.

Confession, part deux: Check the date, 3/11/10 on the (not so) Evil Storage Box. As an earlier part of this project, I put a lot of hardly used stuff into this box.   If I need something I take it out, and it doesn't go back in.  I've only rarely taken something out, and everything still in the box has gone unused since March.   I've deemed some contents still worth keeping...and this is one storage box that I will deem as useful and not Eeeeeeevil.

Confession, cont: One keeper, the unitasking egg slicer, also entombed since March.

Some wanna-be vegan.   I made hard boiled eggs this morning: karma me.

2 comments:

  1. You can use the egg slicer to cut mushrooms, strawberries and other things like that. When I was making a ice cream cake (it had a layer of strawberries) I used it A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm laffing at the notion that I might actually make something more complicated than a boiled egg.

    ReplyDelete