Thursday, October 28, 2010

Watch Me


Watch Me
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: 3 DVDs.
Origin: Pop culture fix.
How long kept: Probably a month, maybe 5 weeks.
Usage: All but one, see confession.
Why kept: They Might Be Useful, or at least entertaining.
Destination: Back to "lender", while putting my account on a possibly permanent hold. See confession.

Confession: This set of 3 discs succeeds the 3 I took to the Great North Woods in August, which remained unwatched until late September.

I'm glad that I'm a profitable customer for Netflix. Until now.

Confession, cont: The movie I didn't watch? Billed as a modern day version of The Bhagavad Gita, it was no such thing. It was in Hindi, which I don't speak, and subtitles were difficult to watch on a small screen. It Was Not Useful.

Confession, cont:   I feel that this post is borderline, yet valid.   I "blogged" my cable in, oh was it April?  And as a NYC resident this means that I don't have TV.   How much am I willing to pay each year to be passively "entertained"?   Not to mention the vitriol and infotainment, which I don't miss one iota.  Blogging my relationship with Netflix, even temporarily, is another line in the sand...

No comments:

Post a Comment