Monday, October 18, 2010

Evil, Interrupted


Evil, Interrupted
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Large-ish ziplock food storage box.  (Even food Storage Boxes Are Evil, now that I'm banning plastic from my food life.  As much as possible.)
Origin: A good friend's signature dish, spanikopita, brought home as
a lovely parting gift from a great dinner.
How long kept: Probably 2-3 years
Usage: Regularly, but not frequently. See confession.
Why kept: It Might Be Useful. I Might Need It! And a little bit Out
Of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: #5 recycling, via Whole Foods.

Confession: Last used in August, when I was leaving for vacation. I
had about 1/6th of small zucchini aging in my fridge that would have
gone epically bad by the time I returned. So I put it in this box, and threw it into the freezer.   Uncovered it recently and dispatched it via community composting.

There were icicles hanging in a sort of stalactite formation on the inside of the box-top.

Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment