Friday, September 10, 2010

And I'm Graduating Again


And I'm Graduating Again
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Red Wine Vinegar.
Origin: Vinaigrette ambitions.
How long kept: Vintage unknown. Possibly of the last century. See confession.
Why kept: Salad ambitions, It Might Be Useful. Out of Sight Out of Mind, a little bit.
Destination: Bottle, recycling. Contents, glug, glug, glug...down the drain.

Confession: This one took me back to high school and college chemistry, and the word "precipitate". There was so much flaky sediment in the bottle that it looked like an experiment. Ugh.

Confession, part deux: I discovered this when I was actually cooking. I used balsamic instead.

Rumination: I almost didn't post this. Why? Because I actually think I've graduated to the stage where tossing stuff like this is ordinary maintenance/garbage. Thus it would no longer be eligible for blogging under The Rules, any more than the 1/3 of a zucchini that I found languishing in my crisper drawer upon my return from vacation. Yikes.

(And in fact, I'm contemplating cabinet and fridge reviews on the first of each month, so that I can avoid ever finding something this old and unused/unusable in my cupboard. Ever again.)

Rumination, part deux: Why are these bottles so flippin' big? How much salad would I have to eat to use the standard size bottle of red wine vinegar in a year? (Personally, I don't do lot of raw veggies...my chiropractor, who has some grounding in Chinese medicine, recommended that I stick with lightly cooked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment