Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pursing My Lips


Pursing My Lips
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Several coin purses.
Origin: Various, but I think that they were all gifts.
How long kept/usage: Hmmm.  I remember using one of them, a gift from a friend who made a trip to Italy in the early 90s. Others are question marks.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind.  See confession.
Destination: One for each of my oldest nephews. (The younger nephew and niece are too little to do much but chew on these.)

Confession: This is the sort of thing I remember my uncles giving to me when I was little. That stuff always seemed so cool! I still have a neat, round plastic box with a screwcap that's got a few marbles in it. I think that my Uncle "D" gave that to me. Nostalgia. The good kind.

Hopefully their parents will see these gifts, which I view as pretty disposable, the same light. (We'll let "M" be the judge.)

Confession, cont: I've got a lot of small stuff squirreled away in, you guessed it, storage boxes. The art quilters at my quilt shop would call a lot of it "ephemera". (The kata, or ceremonial silk scarf, from a dinner that marked the 50th anniversary of Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hilary's successful ascent and descent of Mount Everest? That would have been 2003. Got it.) I actually like some of this stuff.

Nostalgia. Also the good kind.

The turquoise and purple coin purse shaped like a cat. WTH? (Sorry, mom, if you gave this to me. But not so much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment