Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scents of Summers Past, and Passing

WTH!?  Expired Sunblock.
Origin:  Various.   One of them was an SPF 4, left behind by a former in-law who was a tanner.
Last Used:   Ugh, who knows.  See confession.  
Why kept:  Mostly Out of Sight, Out of Mind.   They Might Be Useful (in future summers.)
Destination:   Down the drain with the contents, bottles to recycling.  (I'm in suburban Chicago, where this stuff actually gets recycled...)

Confession:  Note the expiration dates.   Ack.   I'm sure that the sunblock that expired in 99 has been used in this century.

Confession, part deux:  It smelled so good going down the drain.   Umm, Coppertone.   Nostalgia.   The good kind.

Confession, part trois:  I found a sunscreen in my mom's medicine chest that expired in 2007.  I asked her if we could blog this one, too.   (Not pictured, and I guess it doesn't really count.)

Conclusion:  I believe that this is the end of all extraneous sunscreens that could possibly exist in the 'verse of this blog.   I have a couple in current rotation, for various uses.   And lesson learned, again.   The large size is never a bargain, there's always some left when it expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment