Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Can't Be So Picky


I Can't Be So Picky
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Warranty address for a pair of not-so-pinchy Revlon tweezers.
Origin: See confession.
Usage: Nope.
How long kept: About a month.
Why kept: It Might Need It.
Destination: Recycling.

Confession: I can barely wear mascara (an occasional concession to my dealings in the corporate world) and I rarely even mani and/or pedi. But I'm closed to obsessed with a clean brow line.

Recently, I lost my tweezers, I think when travelling, I don't know.

I decided that the standard issue Revlon slanty metal pair I've depended on for years was, well, too lowbrow.

I'm funny.

I gulped at the $27 pricetag -- or was it $54, or $199.95 -- on the fancy Tweezermen, and thought that the Revlon knockoff would be a fine substitute.

Wrong, they were awful. After a week or so of usage, they no longer tweezed even the coarsest brow hair, they were totally out of alignment.

Revlon has a warranty, so I bought a pair of the old faithful sort. (Yay.) And decided to claim my refund, and set them off to the side.

Last night, some bobbin thread got caught under the throat plate of my sewing machine. (I was, get this, making microfiber mop heads for my old mop handle...so that I can sweep up dust and lint without the waste and constant purchasing required to be the owner of an actual "swiffer."   That's an update from an earlier blog post!   Swiff this, baby.) I decided that the sucky tweezers could be repurposed as sewing tools.

(And in fact, maybe that's what happened to my old tweezers...left behind on a trip to quilting class?)

2 comments:

  1. I upgraded to tweezerman a few years ago, but like you, keep the cheap revlon for picking hard to reach items (chopsticks also good, for drains and such). But plucking eyebrows is expoentially more difficult as we get older--even w/good tweezers, where is the hair?? Do I peer over, under, around or thru my glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality does pay...the real Tweezerman would have beat the faux Revlon copy. (That said, the Revlon basic pair, $2.71, is working for me again.)

    I actually find that tweezing is easiest for me sans glasses and contacts.

    (And, "Tweezerman"? What a bizarre brand name.)

    Thanks for stopping in, "S."

    ReplyDelete