Monday, June 28, 2010

Mopping My Brow


Mopping My Brow
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Disintegrating mop head.
Origin: Desire for clean floors.
How long kept/last used: Ooh, quite some time. See confession.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: Trash.

Confession: I haven't used this mop in years. (A while back, I decided that the floor got cleaner with an old fashioned rag and elbow grease.) I've been moving it around in my closet, with the mop head wrapped in a plastic bag, for quite some time. (The hint that it's time for something to go, right?) Today, I noticed that the sponge was disintegrating in the bag.

Eew.

Confession, part deux: If I were greener, I'd cut the sponge from the metal binding and take it for textile recycling (or composting). Sorry about that.

The rest of the mop's fate is TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment