Saturday, June 5, 2010

Guest Post: Shedding my Lara Croft skin


Shedding my Lara Croft skin
Originally uploaded by heywattsky
"Yes, there was a time when I was a warrior woman. Sort of. These are mildew-y remnants of a former life when I suited up in the city to do karate kumite several times a week. My shin guards, hand wraps and plastic chest protector cups are relics of another era. I'll see if I can donate the hand wraps and chest protectors to my local karate school, but the shin guards are garbage. I started fighting as a green belt in 1986, but this was all acquired in the late 90s. I've got other battles to fight, and it doesn't require this kind of gear."

Osu, "S!"

4 comments:

  1. oh, what a magnificent link to the nuances of "osu!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that all would benefit if someone with the right knowledge could do a similar treatment of "namaste".

    ReplyDelete