Thursday, June 10, 2010

From The File To The Circular File

What: Paper "ephemera" (see confession).
Origin: Crafty goodness ambitions, fuelled by Mary Ann Moss.
How Long Kept: Most items 6-8 months (or less).
Why Kept: I might make them into some kind of card or gift, and thus They Might Be Useful.
Usage: Most recently, yesterday. I pulled out my sewing machine the other day in advance of Father's Day and other upcoming family events.
Destination: Recycling.

Confession: I took Mary Ann's really fun "Remains of the Day" class online over the Christmas holiday. Her premise is that we basically never need to purchase an art or craft supply. She encourages her students to save and re-use the envelopes and other paper that come into our lives every day.

I have a little over a small file box of printed matter,  patterns and instructions from quilting classes I've been taking over the past couple of years. In the back of that box are the shiny pretty pieces of paper I've saved for restructuring into other things. Recently the box overflowed. Not much, but enough to concern me.

The photo documents the beginning of what's getting gone...tonight, I'm determined to recycle the overflow, and have everything that remains in that single box.

No comments:

Post a Comment