Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kiss (Off) and Make Up


Kiss (Off) and Make Up
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What: Cosmetic travel kits of a more innocent era.
Origin: Misfiring organizational neuron.
How long kept/ Last Used: The flowered case dates to the 90's (see confession). I actually picked up the tweedy case for my office when I rejoined corporate life in 2005; it came home with me when we shut down in late 2007. There are multiple "Whys" and an Aargh in that one.
Why kept: Although both were Perfectly Good, neither are useful in the era of the Ziploc bag. Mostly, though, Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
Destination: Textile recycling.

Confession: The floral bag hasn't seen the inside of a suitcase since the late 90s. I actually stopped traveling with these and using Ziplocs in the late 90s. I was traveling for business every week, leaving on Monday and returning on Thursday or Friday. At the same time, I started going on "adventure camping" trips. Both of these experiences taught the benefits of traveling light! No need to schlep an extra 8 ounces or so to contain cosmetics. So the floral bag hasn't seen the light of day

No comments:

Post a Comment