Sunday, June 27, 2010

Travel Ban


Travel Ban
Originally uploaded by 365 Things
What:  Aaargh. Various accoutrements of travel.
Origin: Various, see confession.
How long kept:  The youngest item shown is 10 years old. See confession.
Usage: Not in this century.
Why kept: Out of Sight, Out of Mind. And there's some Aargh in there, too.
Destination: Trash. Sadly, none of these items are made from the kinds of plastic we recycle in NYC.

Confession: This, along some other less photogenic stuff, is bounty from emptying out my bathroom linen cabinet.  Some of these items were standard issue with cosmetic travel bags. One was purchased. None will be useful.

Finally there were two kits that United Airline used to give out on international business class flights. The last time I flew United Business was in May/June of 2000.   Aargh.

(I kept the eyeshades. They Might Be Useful.)

On the plus side, I no longer have the kits I got on my last international business trip (2006?) I'd like to think I wouldn't take them, at this stage. They're never useful.

Clarification:   I have cleaned that cabinet in the past 10 years!   But not since starting this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment